Triple Berry Crisp
As usual I try and make things as simple and easy as possible. I use my basic fruit crisp topping recipe … made and stored in a zip lock bag so all that I have to do is dump it into a bowl add the butter and spread over the top of the berries.
Bake and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My Limoncello Recipe if you want to give it a try yourself.
It is nice to have on hand for any recipe that needs a sweet lemon lift.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Honeyville Tropical Monsoon Smoothie mix
- ½ Tbsp. Lemon powder
- 7 cups berries (frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp limoncello
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter an 8” by 8” or 9” by 9” pan
- Mix all crisp ingredients together and add the melted butter and mix.
- For the fruit mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt together.
- To your berries add the limoncello and mix. Add the sugar mixture and mix until all of the berries are coated well, Pour into your buttered pan.
- Top with the crisp mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the fruit is bubbly at the middle.
- Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream or plain if you choose :)
- Flavoring for the crisp is plain old Crystal Lite Lemon powder and the Tropical Monsoon Smoothie mix is a product I get from honeyville.com Both of these products I like to use for flavoring in fruity recipes.
- The limoncello is something I make to use myself. You can buy it at a store that sells spirits but if you want the experience of doing it yourself search my blog for Limoncello but expect to wait for about 1 1/2 months before you have a finished bottle. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!