Summer Fruit Salad
My husband is a big fruit eater.
Here in California there is always some kind of fresh fruit available.
This is always quick and easy to mix up.
It is my go to topping over cottage cheese if I do not want to stop whatever I am doing for lunch.
Use whatever fruits you have on hand or is available.
Strawberries, pears, blueberries, raspberries etc.
I do not use any extra sugar because the canned fruit has enough added.
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 20 oz can fruit cocktail or tropical fruit with juice
- 1 medium bottle of maraschino cherries with juice
- ! orange peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 banana
- 5 drops or natural orange oil
- 3 drops of Fiori di Sicilia
- Open cans and pour them into a bowl.
- Chop fruit and mix into canned fruit.
- Cover and place in refrigerator.
- You can use any fruit you like ... the liquid will keep the bananas fresh for a couple of days.