Quick Pantry Chicken Soup
This recipe can be whipped up by simply opening a can of home canned chicken breast. Chopping a few vegetables, opening chicken stock and rotini. Simmer for a few minutes and you have a nice hearty meal.
There is actually a method to my place everything in the pot before you cook it. All of the raw ingredients have an opportunity to blend flavors really well.
The seasoning I use is my old stand by “My Italian Herbs” however you can substitute any that you like better or most important have on hand.
- 1 pint canned chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms with juice
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tri-color rotini
- 1 Tbsp “My Italian Herbs”
- Mix everything together in a pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer until vegetables are tender about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic toast or French bread.
- My Italian Herbs can be found at http://food-o.com/my-italian-herbs/