Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
My pressure cooker is a Wolfgang Puck Bistro fully digital appliance. I have had it now for about 5 years and it was worth every penny of the $90 it cost me.
I am a lampworker and several times a year the group here in town gets together in pot luck fashion. What could be easier than tossing a few ingredients into this wonderful cooker . Plugging it in at the studio and let it do its magic?
I only had one problem with this particular corned beef … my husband (who shopped for it) only bought a 2 3/4th pound one.
Hardly enough for left overs.
| This is done in 2 stages.You cook the corned beef first by itself for 90 minutes.
Let the cooker cool down and add your vegetables and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve and ENJOY!
- 3 lb corned beef with seasoning packet
- 12 oz. beer (1 bottle)
- 1 large onion quartered
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 can of beef stock
- (add water to make 2 cups)
- I large head of cabbage quartered
- 5 or 6 potatoes halved or quartered
- (depends on size and kind)
- Wash corned beef
- Add corned beef, seasoning packet, beer onion, garlic and stock to cooker.
- Lock lid and set timer for 90 minutes.
- When cooking cycle if done let pressure go down.
- Add cabbage and potato.
- Lock lid and set timer for 10 minutes
- When cycle is done let pressure go down.
- Open lid carefully and move your meal to a serving platter.
- Serve with sides of horseradish and mustard.