Oven Roasted Ribs w/ Barbecue Sauce
A few years back I watched Lucinda Scala Quinn do her ribs in the oven. First she applied a rub that is really good but I liked another I have found better. You can find hers HERE.
The one I use is called “Memphis Dust” and you can find it HERE.
The Memphis Dust is more of a sweet rub and it pairs with my own BBQ sauce better. So you will have to decide what kind of sauce you want to use and decide which rub better suits your needs.
Joe loves ribs and we do not go very long without him wanting me to cook them for him. He does not want to bother with the grill so the oven does the trick.
This time he picked out some especially nice ribs that were on sale. They were center cuts but the ribs were cut in half. Very meaty and turned out just perfect.
- 4 pounds baby back ribs rinsed well and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Memphis Dust Seasoning
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Place in plastic bag with Memphis Dust and shake well to coat ribs. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Place ribs on baking sheet and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat pulls away from the bones. Remove ribs from oven and coat all sides of ribs with BBQ Sauce. Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees. Place ribs back in the oven and allow the sauce to caramelize about 15 minutes.
- You can find the Memphis Dust recipe at http://food-o.com/memphis-dust/
- Use a BBQ sauce that you like.