Oven Roasted Buttermilk Chicken Cutlets
Buttermilk acts as a tenderizer and soaking them over night helps the flavor to be absorbed by the chicken.
I also season the bread crumbs because we like a lot of flavor to our food.
“My Herbs recipe” is found:
I make big batches of these herbs and store them so that I do not have to drag every herb bottle out every time I cook. This is my own blend and I use a lot of it.
How to Bread Cutlets is found:
This is my way to pound and bread cutlets. It is the fastest, least messy method I know about so far.
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp “My Herbs”
- 1 tsp. garlic granules (Costco)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp butter cut into pats
- 1. Pound thighs to 1/4” thick and lay in a baking dish or bowl. To the buttermilk add 1 Tbsp “My Herbs” and 1/2 tsp of garlic granules … pour over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. To the breadcrumbs add the other Tbsp “MY Herbs”, 1/2 tsp. garlic granules, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix all together. Dip each thigh in the breadcrumb mixture on both sides. Press crumbs into buttermilk well. Lay on a greased foil lined baking sheet.
- 3. Place a pat of butter on each thigh.
- 4. Bake for about 40 minutes until chicken is done and coating is crispy.