My Italian Herbs
Like all cooks I have my favorite flavors. Over the years I have developed my own combination of Italian Herbs so I make them in big batches and simply add that to my recipes instead of dragging every herb bottle out when I am in a hurry.
I am always in a hurry.
This is a fairly complex group of herbs but easily found in most markets.
I am now in the habit of buying my herbs and spices in bulk from Winco.
- 4 Tbsp dry Garlic granules
- 4 Tbsp dry Basil
- 2 Tbsp dry Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Dry Marjoram
- 1 Tbsp dry Rosemary (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp dry Summer Savory
- 1/4 tsp. dry hot red pepper flakes
- Combine and store in an air tight container.
- Makes a little more than 13 Tbsp of herbs.
- I use a mortar and pestle to crush my rosemary leaves.
- You can use any measurements you like
- example: 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup or as small as 1 Tbsp, 1/2 Tbsp, 1/4 Tbsp