Medium Hot Sausage Soup
Yesterday my cousin Randi was here and passed on a simple recipe she just got from another friend of her’s.
I added Dry onions to mine and used Medium Hot Sausage (my husband’s fathers recipe). I had the rest of in on hand so it was simple enough to test out.
Quick and easy ready in about 45 minutes.
You can not miss with this if you have GREAT SAUSAGE that you love.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. Medium hot linked sausage (Piemontes Deli)
- 3 Tbsp dry onions (Costco)
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach
- Brown sausage in olive oil and cut into 1 inch pieces. Place 7 cups of broth in pot with browned sausage, onions, tomatoes and rice. Add remaining cup of broth to sausage pan, heat to loosen the bits and add to soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes, add the frozen spinach and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a great crusty bread.
- Next time I will buy the sausage in bulk or take it out of the casing and saute it instead of leaving it in chunks. Perhaps a little of both.