Since I got my Sun Oven I have experimented with quite a few of the family recipes in order to just see how they work without the use of electricity.
This is one of those very simple versatile dishes that can be made as “a meal in a jar” for quick use (will post the directions later) or pop into the sun oven on a day you want a casserole but DO NOT WANT THE HEAT of your oven.
Not to mention it tastes really good too.
- 6 oz. dry thin spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground beef or 1 pt. canned GB
- 1 lg. Onion chopped
- ½ green pepper chopped
- 1 - 14 oz can of corn with liquid
- 1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomato with juice
- 1 sm. can sliced olives drained
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tsp worchester sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1. Boil noodles.
- 2. Make sauce out of remaining ingredients and add the cooked noodles.
- 3. Place in greased casserole dish top with cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- OR: Make sauce and add dry noodles (break the noodles in 3) with an added 1 1/2 cups of water with a can of beef broth as part of.
- This can be done in a regular oven or the sun oven