Hot Weather Patio Cooking Additions
2 Berner Camp Stove
Last summer I started equipping my patio for outdoor cooking.
Once the temperature gets to be over 100 here in the valley cooking outside is better than heating up my kitchen with the daily cooking, baking and canning that I do.
So I invested in 3 pieces of new equipment.
The first is the 2 Berner Camp Stove from Dick’s Sporting Goods.
It was on-sale for about $79 and runs on a tank of propane.
Double Burner Butane Stove
“Single Burner Butane Stove
The other 2 are single and double burner counter top stoves that run on Butane tanks.
All have 30,000 BTU commercial-grade, cast aluminum burners so they are more than adequate to cook whatever needs to be cooked even for a nice size party.
The large Camp Chef (Model # EX60FP) FEATURES:
- Best use: camping, outdoor cooking, scout trips, backyard barbeques
- Two 30,000 BTU commercial-grade, cast aluminum burners
- Wind baffle burner technology allows consistent cooking in windy or harsh weather conditions
- Three-sided windscreen helps minimize unwanted wind
- Kitchen style heat control knobs for easy on, off and adjustments while cooking
- Grate provides a large cook area
- Detachable legs for easy storage and transport
It will handle my big All American Pressure canner with ease.
Now my patio is equipped with a large BBQ rig, a Master built Smoker, a pressure oven and dehydrator.
All of the comforts of my kitchen EXCEPT FOR RUNNING WATER AND A SINK. 😉