Fruit Crisp Topping
They include spice mixes, herb mixes, pudding mixes and this basic fruit crisp is simply one of them.
On days when I have nothing much to do I will make a batch of mixes and bag them up for use later on. I hate wasting my time if there is an easier way to do things. I am sort of an impulse cook that wants a pantry stocked well enough that I do not have to dash to the market before I cook something.
Having recipes that take a dozen ingredients are much easier if you do them in large batches and store a few in mylar bags, plastic jars, zip lock bags or food saver vacuum bags.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Honeyville Tropical Monsoon Smoothie Mix
- 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon powder
- Mix dry ingredients together add melted butter mix more.
- Place on fruit of choice and bake according to your fruit recipe..
- This is enough topping for an 8 by 8 crisp
- The lemon powder is simply any lemonade powder that you can get at the market.
- I use these 2 flavors on berries instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg.