Fresh Tomato Pasta Sauce
Here is another idea I got off the Katzcradul youtube channel. This young woman has some really good things to show. She has one of my favorite youtube channels.
When I first saw this recipe done I was skeptical. How could cold fresh cherry tomatoes make a good sauce for hot pasta?
Then it had balsamic vinegar another thing NOT A FAVORITE and sweet on pasta?
The reviews were very good so I decided to give it a try myself.
What can I say but it was FANTASTIC!
My hubby also gave it an A+ OKAY.
- 2 pounds of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 10 large cloves garlic (sliced or chopped)
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Serve over hot pasta. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Enjoy!
- I let mine sit over night in the refrigerator to make sure all of the flavors blended well.
- Next time I will up the olive oil to 1/2 cut and use 4 Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar to make a bit more sauce.