Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Now my husband Joe insisted we have the jellied kind during the holidays. It was always left over even though it is traditional and a must serve with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
Well about 10 years ago that all changed when I started serving my Grandmothers Fresh Cranberry Sauce.
She was an original health food nut before there was such a thing and honestly it was far to tart for me as a kid. But when I grew up and started having the family gatherings at my house that changed.
Now friends and family complain A LOT if this is not served at holiday meals. I am still not able to convince my brother how great this is and he has been unable to convince me her rhubarb pie was great
If this is to sweet for you then add less sugar … but we all love this sauce just as it is written here and it is so very simple to make. It lasts quite a while in the refrigerator and since the cranberries and orange is totally fresh … NO COOKING … all of the vitamins and enzymes are still in there.
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Fresh cranberries (cleaned)
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 large orange
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Coarse grind cranberries and whole orange in food processor.
- Add the pineapple juice and all ... along with sugar … mix well.
- Refrigerate to marry the flavors over night before use.
- Yield about 5 cups