Creamy Fruit Salad
Who can resist all of that nice fruit topped with whip cream?
This was a tradition as far back as I can remember starting with my grandmother.
We had a jersey cow so there was always cream and an orchard with all kinds of fruit … the store bought maraschino cherries were my favorite.
I remember sneaking into the refrigerator one afternoon and taking a gulp of maraschino cherry juice.
BIG MISTAKE! … I could not breath for long enough I though I was going to die. The last time I tried that.
- 2 30 oz cans of fruit cocktail
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks drained
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 10 oz jar whole maraschino cherries drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 red apple chopped (skin on)
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 drops orange oil
- 5 drops Fiori di Sicilia
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place all fruit in a large bowl.
- Whip cream and add the vanilla, orange oil, Fiori di Sicilia and sugar.
- Pour over fruit, mix well and refrigerate.
- The orange oil and Fiori di Sicilia are additions this year.
- I just found the Fiori di Sicilia and absolutly love it!
- You can find both products online. The orange oil comes from lorann.com and the Fiori di Sicilia from King Arthur Flour
- Both of these flavors are very versatile and enhance so many things.