Cream & Honey Glazed Carrots with Olives
I did not even remember it until she reminded me. I am always thinking up different ways to cook things and unfortunately I am not really good at writing things down along the way. I had made these up and served them on a Christmas past and they got rave reviews and I promptly forgot all about them.
So again the two of us winged it and this is the result.
We were looking for something simple that could be made ahead and simply warmed up the day we needed them.
This would do the trick.
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/2 cube butter
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 can pitted green or black olives (or mix them)
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme or fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- Steam carrots in bamboo steamer for 5 minutes then set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onion. Add salt, pepper, thyme, honey, olives and carrots then add cream and reduce so everything is coated.
- Let cook until tender but still a little crunchy about 10 minutes.