Chili Rellenos Bake
In a hurry who likes to go to all the trouble of doing all that work?
So how do you duplicate the taste but make it quick and easy?
Well a casserole of course.
Here is my quick solution … it is not as crispy but the taste certainly is adequate
Chiles Rellenos Bake
Quick and easy Chili Relleno Bake without the added fuss
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 27 oz. can Ortega Whole Chilies (large can)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 3 cups shredded jack & cheddar cheese mixed
- 3 sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" by 7" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half the bread crumbs in the bottom of the dish.
- Split the chilis in half and layer half of them over the crumbs. Next sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over the chilis then the sliced onions .. add a layer of sliced tomatoes if you use them. Layer the rest of the chilis. Pour on the whisked eggs, sprinkle the rest of the bread crumbs and top with the last cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until eggs are set and everything is very hot in the center. I test mine with a knife in the center that comes out clean of egg and is hot.
A Food Orgasm http://food-o.com/