Candy Fruit Almond Biscotti
I am one of the few people who seem to like fruitcake fruit. So why not make a biscotti with candy fruitcake fruit.
Lo and behold everyone liked them … funny how put something into cookie form and suddenly something everyone claims to hate is good? 😉
How does that work anyway?
Next time I think I will add some candied cherries and use pistachios for more green and red for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup butter room temp.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 drops pure orange oil
- 1/2 tsp. each cardamom, allspice, cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. each clove, nutmeg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup candy fruitcake fruit or more
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or other nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Beat butter & sugar together until creamy. Add eggs & orange oil.
- 3. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, & salt in a separate bowl; mix dry ingredients into moist ingredients to make a stiff dough. Add candy fruit & nuts. Form dough into a log place on baking sheet flatten to about 3/4 “ tall. Will flatten more with more butter
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes or (198 degrees on digital thermometer). Let log cool completely on wire racks.
- 5. Cut log into slices on a slight diagonal & lay the slices on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake biscotti until crisp & lightly golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes on each side.