Asian Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
At the end of 2013 we had a baby shower for my youngest grandson. At that party I made a cabbage salad that was served at a bead class that I attended. The owner of the shop had made it from something she bought at Trader Joe’s. The dressing was a spicy peanut dressing that is excellent but hard to always find.
The salad simple ingredients and versatile for what you might want to substitute.
Here is my version of the salad and the peanut dressing is one I made up trying to duplicate the one at Trader Joe’s
- 1 pkg. Slaw salad mix
- 1/2 pkg. thin rice noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup peanut dressing (under sauces)
- Cover rice noodles with boiling water to just cover them. Let set for about 10 minutes then drain and chill.
- In a large salad bowl mix cabbage slaw mix, celery, onion, chilled noodles and cranberries. When ready to serve add the cashews and dressing.
- You can also add any other fruit or vegetables of your choice like halved grapes, pineapple chunks, red or green bell peppers